In Las Vegas, where the desert means incredibly hot summers (as well as very chilly winters!), we encourage all of our customers to be cautious and stay prepared when the heat hits. Keeping your plumbing well-maintained is important, since you don’t want to have to pay for a headache later on down the road for something simple that can be fixed today.
Summer is also known as one of the busiest times of the season for buying a home. All too often, we have heard stories of homeowners who have happily settled into their home, only to find a plumbing issue that may cost them hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
Five Tips for Maintaining Your Plumbing in the Summer
Did you know that more than 40% of people do not call a plumber to check their home when they first move in? At Sound Plumbing & Heating, Inc., we are here to help you protect your investment, particularly for new homeowners as we head into the summer season.
Here are our top five summer plumbing tips:
- Check for standing water. This is clear indicator of a possible leaking or broken pipe.
- Find out the age of your water heater. Generally, a water heater that is over 15 years old should be replaced. A rusty water heater is a pretty surefire sign that it needs to be replaced.
- Run the shower, bathtub, or sink. Run any fixture in your home to listen for any strange noises. This might indicate the buildup of minerals or calcium that might be obstructing the water’s flow.
- Feel for any soft spots in the walls. This might indicate water damage just behind the walls, particularly around any bathtubs, showers, or toilets. The same goes for any soft spots in the floors, cabinets, closets, and any warped wood.
- Keep the heads on your water sprinklers clean. Your outdoor plumbing is exposed to the elements, and may be prone to damage because of this. A clear sprinkler ensures it continues distributing the water evenly and efficiently.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Sound Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is a full-service plumbing company that is prepared to handle any plumbing issue, no matter how big or small. We have been in business since 1999, and have a broad range of experience of plumbing in Las Vegas. If you would like to schedule an inspection or want to know more about how you can make your home more eco-friendly, particularly during the summer season, we can help you.
Give us a call at (702) 727-4449 to schedule service. We are available 24/7!